TBCTAD : Sat 0040 UTC May26-2018

Offline Bastet

• Only the dead have seen the end of war. ~Plato
  • Division: Infantry
  • Full Colors: MAY20-2008
  • UTC Modifier: -4
Re: We have Strangers on the Plain - KingPin has entered TBCHQ
« Reply #15 on: Jan14-2015, 13:06:58 »
Ive looked into that there really isnt a point to a large group doing it since for the larger fish a fishing boat can only hold 5 fish plus two tailing behind for the massive fish and one on your back functioning as a trade pack replacement. So for the fishing boat its going to be most efficient to go with a group of maybe 5 or so and the one person fishing since you can only take back so many large fish everything else can be fished in safe waters in large quantities whenever they are needed. Obviously multiple groups of 5 would be more efficient. But you would only need 1 high level fisher per boat.

Each trip on the return can hold based on what i have read with a party of 5:
5 regular Fish in the Boat storage (Doesn't really say what fish fit just that 5 fit :\)
and 7 Massive fish (5 being carried by people and 2 being trailed in the wake of the boat)

We are aware. Also, anyone on the fishing boat can fish, not just one person fishing. We encourage you to be excited, but we also remind you that we have thought about these things as well.

As a recruit coming in, your main goal is to learn about The Company, what we are, who we are, and why we are. All the gaming material will come in as you play with us and you see how we operate. Making sure you understand the Charter is the guide to that.

Feel free to get involved on any other threads on the general forums.

Offline Laotzu

• Kill them All
  • Full Colors: DEC12-2008
  • UTC Modifier: -5
« Reply #16 on: Jan14-2015, 16:27:12 »
To note an obvious exclusion of the 4th dimension. Anytime you are out fishing for the big fish the red faction/pirates(and sometimes greens) are out looking for you. Catching the big fish takes time and the longer you are out, the longer you risk your boat. So here, more people fishing has a clear advantage over one person fishing. Also to note, once a fish is in the live well, you can no longer despawn the boat. So more people holding fish on their back till the last minute also enhances the safety of the vessel.

I appreciate your enthusiasm and research, but I've experienced these mechanics first hand and have busted up plenty of fishing raids.

:backtowork: (read the charter)

Offline Sprigun

• In wars, fools kill other fools for foolish causes
  • UTC Modifier: 10
« Reply #17 on: Jan15-2015, 05:01:23 »
That reminds me... to reread the charter too!  :backtowork:

KingPin

« Reply #18 on: Jan15-2015, 06:31:21 »
done lol. Charter read 4/4

I should clarify i didnt mean sending 1 person to go on the trip just one person farming for the big fish everyone else would be fishing and you would have people for protection still since it would be silly to fly into a red zone solo with easy loot lol.

Offline Matty

• I am that Turnip
  • Company Name: Turnip
  • Division: Support
  • Full Colors: SEP11-2009
  • UTC Modifier: -7
« Reply #19 on: Jan15-2015, 16:48:30 »
Oh Gawd, another Waam.

Someone pass the  :WhatNot:

On a serious note, welcome to the boards. Look forward to killing shit with you.  :backtowork:

Can we call him "Baam"? ... for some reason it just sounds like another set of brothers from somewhere...

Offline Sanariel

• I do what must be done, conscience be damned.
  • Company Name: Santa
« Reply #20 on: Jan15-2015, 16:50:30 »
 :yh:  Welcome to the fold, KingPin.