May24-2018, 10:15:11
TBCTAD : Thu 1015 UTC May24-2018

Offline Menhir

• Are you Friend, Foe, Fool, Follower?

Greetings KingPin,

Welcome to TBCHQ.    How did you come to be here?

If you have come seeking Recruitment, start with this thread in the Recruiting Office:

IF YOU ARE SERIOUS ABOUT APPLYING - READ THIS FIRST***

Once you are done reading the Charter if you're still here, the next step on your journey is to dig into The Commons.   Read, Post, get involved, get to know the Brothers.  

A strong presence on the forums goes a very long way toward being accepted as a Recruit.  The [rul="http://tbchq.org/forums/index.php/topic,29033.0.html]Charter[/url] explains the TBC Forum Usage Policy in full.

Use this thread to ask whatever questions you may have, but don't stay confined to just this thread.  Be patient, active, and above all, honest with yourself on precisely what it is you want in a guild experience.      

KingPin

Re: We have Strangers on the Plain - KingPin has entered TBCHQ
« Reply #1 on: Jan12-2015, 02:06:16 »
Hey Everyone,
I'm the coworker of waam, hes been chatting to me about the game and guild. I am very interested in participating with everyone to better build the guild. I am a very crafting oriented person but i do enjoy pvp so whenever i can do either let me know.
This being said i do work a very hectic schedule waam and i work in the same shop so we will be running the same schedule for the most part. I look forward to working with everyone, if you have any questions for me feel free to ask ill shoot you a response as quick as i can :).

Offline Waam

• Division: Infantry
  • UTC Modifier: -5
« Reply #2 on: Jan12-2015, 04:56:52 »
Yep, this guy works with me. Obviously will be the same schedule moe or less.

Offline Laotzu

• Kill them All
  • Full Colors: DEC12-2008
« Reply #3 on: Jan12-2015, 05:00:12 »
Oh Gawd, another Waam.

Someone pass the  :WhatNot:

On a serious note, welcome to the boards. Look forward to killing shit with you.  :backtowork:

Offline Bastet

• Only the dead have seen the end of war. ~Plato
  • Full Colors: MAY20-2008
  • UTC Modifier: -4
« Reply #4 on: Jan12-2015, 05:08:47 »
Kingpin, I hate to be the bearer of this news, but your name will need to change only because there is a minor character in The Black Company books by that name, who is a member of the Company. We have a strict rule on no names from the books being used by our membership or any forum members, even if coincidental.

This rule is ever so rarely enforced like this, but just fair notice that you'll want to see about another moniker to be using.

« Last Edit: Jan13-2015, 03:46:35 by Bastet »

KingPin

« Reply #5 on: Jan12-2015, 05:22:15 »
That's fine once ill think of something tonight to change it to and notify you tomorrow so you can update your information. I've used KingPin as my IGN for years now lol. Also how can i be Waam if there is already a Waam :)
« Last Edit: Jan12-2015, 05:31:31 by KingPin »

Offline Xtra

• Verum Ipsum Factum
  • Division: Support
  • Full Colors: DEC13-2008
  • UTC Modifier: +10
« Reply #6 on: Jan12-2015, 07:57:22 »
Otherwise, we'll tell Spider-man where you are hanging out.

Offline Sprigun

• In wars, fools kill other fools for foolish causes
  • UTC Modifier: 10
« Reply #7 on: Jan12-2015, 10:39:20 »
Welcome to the guild and the game.  :yh:

KingPin

« Reply #8 on: Jan13-2015, 02:39:06 »
Hey guys as promised the update for my name Is Althean. Let me know if there are any issues with this name if so i have a back-up.

Offline Algheri

• Only a conqueror bothers to honor a fallen foe
  • Company Name: Patches
  • Full Colors: DEC16-2010
« Reply #9 on: Jan13-2015, 02:53:41 »
Hey guys as promised the update for my name Is Althean. Let me know if there are any issues with this name if so i have a back-up.

Althean is fine

Offline Bull Eramix

• If a problem can't be solved enlarge it.Eisenhower
  • UTC Modifier: -4
« Reply #10 on: Jan13-2015, 13:32:56 »
Welcome

Offline Matty

• I am that Turnip
  • Company Name: Turnip
  • Division: Support
  • Full Colors: SEP11-2009
  • UTC Modifier: -7
« Reply #11 on: Jan13-2015, 16:37:56 »
Welcome to the guild and the game.  :yh:

He meant welcome to the Company boards. Good to see some  fresh names here  :turnips:

KingPin

« Reply #12 on: Jan14-2015, 05:20:18 »
Hey guys i was just told by Waam that your guy who did the fishing is no longer in play. I would love to fill the slot and meet the needs for the fishing. Ive stared doing some research into it and i think i can max it out pretty quick to maximize returns and profits for the guild as well as resources that are sorely needed lol.  :obf:

Offline Laotzu

• Kill them All
  • Full Colors: DEC12-2008
« Reply #13 on: Jan14-2015, 05:36:53 »
Hey guys i was just told by Waam that your guy who did the fishing is no longer in play. I would love to fill the slot and meet the needs for the fishing. Ive stared doing some research into it and i think i can max it out pretty quick to maximize returns and profits for the guild as well as resources that are sorely needed lol.  :obf:

I've almost gathered the gilda for our first fishing boat. But to really maximize gold for vocation badges spent we need a group of fishermen.

KingPin

« Reply #14 on: Jan14-2015, 07:05:40 »
Ive looked into that there really isnt a point to a large group doing it since for the larger fish a fishing boat can only hold 5 fish plus two tailing behind for the massive fish and one on your back functioning as a trade pack replacement. So for the fishing boat its going to be most efficient to go with a group of maybe 5 or so and the one person fishing since you can only take back so many large fish everything else can be fished in safe waters in large quantities whenever they are needed. Obviously multiple groups of 5 would be more efficient. But you would only need 1 high level fisher per boat.

Each trip on the return can hold based on what i have read with a party of 5:
5 regular Fish in the Boat storage (Doesn't really say what fish fit just that 5 fit :\)
and 7 Massive fish (5 being carried by people and 2 being trailed in the wake of the boat)
« Last Edit: Jan14-2015, 07:08:04 by Althean »