Sep21-2017, 05:12:42
TBCTAD : Thu 0512 UTC Sep21-2017

Offline Menhir

• Are you Friend, Foe, Fool, Follower?
Welcome to TBCHQ.    Are you Friend, Foe, Fool, Follower?  

If you have come seeking Recruitment, If you have come seeking Recruitment, start with this thread in the Recruiting Office:

IF YOU ARE SERIOUS ABOUT APPLYING - READ THIS FIRST***

If you like what you see, be sure to explicitly follow the instructions found therein.

In the meantime, stick around The Commons.   Read, Post, get involved, get to know the Brothers.  
Use this thread to ask whatever questions you may have of us.  You will find the Brothers quite eager to either answer your questions or simply try to ply you with  .    

But by all means, don't stay confined to just this thread.    A strong presence on the forums goes a very long way toward successful completion of our rather stringent recruiting process.   The #commons has full details on our Forum Usage Policy.

Offline Epicurus

• I haven't thought of my own personal text yet...
Re: We have Strangers on the Plain - Epicurus has entered TBCHQ
« Reply #1 on: Nov03-2016, 02:42:20 »
Greetings Brothers,

I jumped into EVE for a little bit which made me think about the company, so I went looking for my old home.  Read the charter, and this seems to be it, even though the website has changed.  The site looks great. 

No plan on coming out of retirement.  Life continues to be crazy, especially with a 4th child on the way.  That being said, I might have to check out star citizen, even though it seems like it will never officially release.

obf,

Epicurus   

Offline Algheri

• Only a conqueror bothers to honor a fallen foe
  • Company Name: Patches
  • Division: Infantry
  • Full Colors: DEC16-2010
  • UTC Modifier: -5
« Reply #2 on: Nov03-2016, 04:07:39 »
Epiphone? Is that you?  :WhatNot:

Offline Stone

• AARRGG!!! Right in the shiny part!
  • Company Name: Stone
  • Division: Civilian
  • Full Colors: JAN25-2005
  • UTC Modifier: -6
« Reply #3 on: Nov03-2016, 14:53:49 »
No no Patches... that is not Epiphone...

Epicuras was a member of the other TBC, based on what I read on the Eve Forums.

Yes, our charter is fairly similar to the other, because our Tekerton wrote it like 15 years ago.  About 8 years ago, there was a... well difference in opinions among the brothers... and many of us old dogs moved on and recreated TBC with some of the original crew and went from there.  Both Merc groups have had a good run since... and we've even had some competitive adventures over the years.

Welcome to our forum, none-the-less, Epicuras... :)

Offline Algheri

• Only a conqueror bothers to honor a fallen foe
  • Company Name: Patches
  • Full Colors: DEC16-2010
« Reply #4 on: Nov03-2016, 16:33:56 »
No no Patches... that is not Epiphone...

Epicuras was a member of the other TBC, based on what I read on the Eve Forums.

Thanks for clearing that up, Stone. Welcome to the Forums Epicurus

Offline Epicurus

• I haven't thought of my own personal text yet...
« Reply #5 on: Nov04-2016, 00:41:33 »
Thank you for the welcome.  The site I used to go to was black-company.org. 

I recall hearing about a split.  It had to happen around or at the time I was recruited by Faraday (sp) in Warhammer Online in 2008.  He went by a different name on the forums which I am drawing a blank on.    I played WAR in beta until TBC moved onto Aion.  I didn't become a brother until between WAR and Aion.  We played both WAR and Aion beta for awhile until launch.  At launch we transitioned out of WAR completely.  Aion didn't last last long.  We than moved onto Rift which didn't last long either.  I got new game fatigue.  I settled on EVE for a while, but TBC no longer had much of a presence in the game.  I played Leagued of legends with a few TBC brothers.  I also dabbled in World of Tanks for a while with other brothers.  TBC was spread out between many games.  I retried in 2014.

All that being said, how is  star citizens?

Offline Tekerton

• Run Faster, Keep Flyin'
  • Full Colors: APR01-2003
« Reply #6 on: Nov08-2016, 06:50:57 »
Star Cit is fuggin Amazing.   You can play it right now.   It will launch next year.

If you have any doubts that it is ... not "will be" ... IS the most incredible mmo Ever created, you have but to see it for yourself.   I highly recommend that you do.

That said, welcome to TBCHQ, Epicuras.   Should you decide you want to run with some fellow old farts and make some grand new adventures a part of your life, stick around.   It's worth the trip.