TBCTAD : Thu 0332 UTC Oct19-2017

Offline Owain

• "COME and TAKE IT!!!
  • Division: Recruit Training
  • UTC Modifier: -4
Owain's Intro
« on: Apr27-2015, 16:51:30 »
Hail TBC, Queen of Battle follow you!!!
Thought I would step in and announce myself.  First off, I would like to express my appreciation for consideration as a possible tool in The Black Company.  I am a gamer in every true sense of the word, though I may not be as dedicated or as experienced as some.  I have spent a great amount of time in the FPS world and have been desiring a change in game play for some time now.  I have, at best, dabbled in MMO games before never having enough time to fully immerse myself into them.  Such games were WoW and Conan (which I loved), now even though time is still a precious commodity, I have more of it and have dedicated what free time I have to this current game of Archeage. 
About who I am as a person, or at least a little back ground noise for you; I am in my mid-thirties married with two very young barbarians, whom I dedicate most of my time to.  I am a very proud Texan, so don’t hate too much Jackroller I never met an Okie I did not like.  I served this great Nation for 5 years as an infantryman in the United States Army.  I was deployed to the Raq for 13 months and then the Ghan for 8.  Whenever I am asked about my service, not to sound cliché, but I always think of and speak of the brotherhood that was formed and lost.
I have been looking for something to be a part of in gaming for a while now, and the reason I started to play this game, well there were a few reasons, but mainly so that I could play with folks that had the same mind set and goals as I did.  That being said, after reading the Charter and some post, I believe and hope I have found a possible home.
Again, thank you for the consideration. I look forward to the road less traveled.
Owain   

Offline Laotzu

• Kill them All
  • Division: Infantry
  • Full Colors: DEC12-2008
  • UTC Modifier: -5
Re: Owain's Intro
« Reply #1 on: Apr27-2015, 17:15:54 »
Well fuggin met, Glad you guys found the forums and look forward to clashing steel beside you.  :stamp_accepted:

Offline Cubkhan

• Pillage
  • Division: Civilian
« Reply #2 on: Apr27-2015, 17:18:26 »
Hail Owain!

Glad you made it to the site.

Everyone, Owain is my cousin, but considered to be more like a brother. We have gamed together for many moons.

Offline Drifter

• Point me towards what needs killin'
  • Full Colors: MAY28-2015
« Reply #3 on: Apr27-2015, 17:37:30 »
Yarho and welcome.

I guess we'll forgive you being in the Army, 
but as the great Gunny Hartman said only steers and quee..Well you know the rest.

Just messing with ya. Welcome to the forums I look forward to meeting you in game.

Offline Algheri

• Only a conqueror bothers to honor a fallen foe
  • Company Name: Patches
  • Full Colors: DEC16-2010
« Reply #4 on: Apr27-2015, 19:22:39 »
I fuckin' love Infantrymen. I did six years as a Combat Medic. Stationed at Fort Huachuca, AZ where I worked at RWBAHC on post (The clinic for dependants) and then Fort Bliss, Texas where I was first attached to 4-1 AD, 4-6 Infantry and was then attached to Apache Company for a deployment to Al Asad, Iraq in 2011. I know, I know....easy deployment. Of course, I can be happy that I was one of three medics that actually went outside the wire on daily missions, so there's that. Upon my return, I was then IPT'd to 2-29 FA, where I finished my contract, got disgusted with how the Army operates now and decided it was time to get out and go to school for Nursing. Looking forward to killing shit with you Owain.

Also, we're just the group you're looking for. Stick around.

Offline Owain

• "COME and TAKE IT!!!
  • Division: Recruit Training
« Reply #5 on: Apr27-2015, 21:26:46 »
Thank you for the warm welcome Laotzu, ShadowDrifter and Algheri.  Also, I see Cub is admitting that we are related, hope that does not interfer with his boot  :yh: 

Algheri, awesome to be in good company with you.  I was stationed mainly at the ass hole of the Army, yes you guessed it, the NTC.  I deployed with the 11th ACR to the big Sandbox in '05 then got in late '06.  Was back doored drafted to come back in to go to the Ghan in '09, was attached the GA guard (not the greatest experiance but  :fu: ).  Been out since '10 and glad, but also more than glad it all happened  :sl:

Offline Algheri

• Only a conqueror bothers to honor a fallen foe
  • Company Name: Patches
  • Full Colors: DEC16-2010
« Reply #6 on: Apr27-2015, 21:34:12 »
Stationed at NTC? You have my sympathies you poor son of a bitch.  :slime:

Offline Edena

« Reply #7 on: Apr28-2015, 21:50:43 »
Welcome Owain! Thank you for your introduction and your service to our country. Hope to see you around in game.

Offline Tekerton

• Run Faster, Keep Flyin'
  • Full Colors: APR01-2003
« Reply #8 on: Apr29-2015, 16:15:53 »
This is the kinda mook we're look for ... stick around, Owain, I think you'll find a home in TBC

Offline jackroller

• I'm your huckleberry.
  • UTC Modifier: -7
« Reply #9 on: Apr30-2015, 17:14:45 »
Hey, this Texan can write a complete sentence.  He must be one of those top-of-the-line models.    :iamretarded:

:WhatNot:
 :yh:

Offline Cubkhan

• Pillage
  • Division: Civilian
« Reply #10 on: May02-2015, 19:59:26 »
Owain and I hunting Ghost Ships.