May25-2017, 20:14:39
TBCTAD : Thu 2014 UTC May25-2017

Offline Algheri

• Only a conqueror bothers to honor a fallen foe
  • Company Name: Patches
  • Division: Infantry
  • Full Colors: DEC16-2010
  • UTC Modifier: -5
Re: Cats are cooler than dogs, evidence within.
« Reply #15 on: Nov02-2012, 06:52:37 »

My little one, Diamond. Had two cats, then got this little beauty. I am officially a dog person.

Offline Stone

• AARRGG!!! Right in the shiny part!
  • Company Name: Stone
  • Division: Civilian
  • Full Colors: JAN25-2005
  • UTC Modifier: -6

Offline Bastet

• Only the dead have seen the end of war. ~Plato
  • Full Colors: MAY20-2008
  • UTC Modifier: -4
« Reply #17 on: Nov02-2012, 14:37:15 »
Dogs > Cats

Proof: 

http://www.break.com/index/dog-ninja-training-part-1-2384418

Whatever dude, my cat could do that with it's eye closed raping a squirrel's face.  :slime:

Diving cat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yr3lqydsAy0

Offline Bastet

Offline Laotzu

• Kill them All
  • Full Colors: DEC12-2008
« Reply #19 on: Nov02-2012, 15:51:03 »
Honestly all those videos of cats are things that I really don't want my pets doing. The comic with the cat waking up the owner is pretty spot on though. Fuggin noisy, annoying fuggers at times.

I will say though: I've been a dog person my entire life, bred in by my father's extreme hatred of cats. I'm convinced that my dad is allergic to cats because he dislikes them so much. Yes he has been tested and is literally allergic.. but I'm pretty sure it was caused by his psychological feelings towards cats.

That said.. I have a dog whom I love.. awesome guy. And now I have a cat for the first time in my life, thanks to the wife. He's a cool guy as well, and despite technically being my wife's cat.. in reality he's mine. So this cat: Stan-man Pitterpats as I've donned him has changed my mind about the animal. Fuggin ruthless killer; birds, rabbits, squirrels, ect.. but then will allow my son to lay directly on top of him without retaliating. He just looks up like "not again" and then escapes the first chance he gets.

But from what I can tell dogs are more sure-fire than cats. You hardly get a bad apple with a dog considering you know how to train them, but cats.. they can just up and decide "F you guy" and be an asshole. I've seen them plenty of times and wonder why the hell people would keep them. But I got a good one so no complaints from this guy. When I see a dog being an asshole I can pretty much immediately identify the behavior the owner exhibits to cause that behavior so I can't really fault the dog.... Cats on the other hand seem much less victim to circumstance or environment.

Stanley is a great example of this difference.. he should be an ass.. lived outside eating dogfood and generally neglected. Then was adopted out because his first owner was going to kill it, then his new owner moved away and just left him outside to fend for himself and then we got him a few cold months later. He lost his tail in a fight, which we then had to have amputated further. All around a rough life and from what I can tell he shouldn't have much love for humans.. but he does which is actually kind of neat.. a dog treated the same would likely be ferocious.

Offline Bastet

« Reply #20 on: Nov02-2012, 19:12:37 »
@lao

I find cats to be much more like "people" when it comes to personality qualities.

Cats are smart - they're smart enough to know what you want them to do generally. But they're also gonna be like, "Ya, right. whatever," if they don't like what you want them to do. Just like, as a human, if I told you to GET THE FUCK OVER HERE MOTHERFUCKER, you'd laugh at my face.

So, they are more independent minded, just like people tend to be. At the same time, my 2 cats know i'm the boss. I raised them from when they were young. They know they better listen to me. And they know I'm going to take care of them. If I call their name they will come over. I could definitely train them, just haven't had the time or motivation to do it  (and I'm not really an animal trainer anyways, so there would be trial and error). Other people who tend to own cats give them a bad reputation because they don't really know how to treat a little 8 pound+ ball of fur and claws as an "equal". So, ya, their cats will go "WHATEVA". Cat personalities will vary of course.

My little furballs are awesome.

I was raised with a couple dobermanns, I get dogs, I just think they're too needy. I like cats' independent streak.

Offline Stone

• AARRGG!!! Right in the shiny part!
  • Company Name: Stone
  • Division: Civilian
  • Full Colors: JAN25-2005
  • UTC Modifier: -6
« Reply #21 on: Nov02-2012, 19:39:31 »
I actually like them both pretty equally... pros and cons to each.

I grew up in a pet lover home.. dogs, cats, fish, birds, hamsters, snakes... my 'rents were AKC Great Dane breeders (specializing in Black and Blue) back when being licensed by AKC actually meant you had a good reputation and knew what you were doing.

As much as I loved "my" childhood dog, I have a billion good memories about the various cats we had as well.

Offline Tekerton

• Run Faster, Keep Flyin'
  • Full Colors: APR01-2003
« Reply #22 on: Nov03-2012, 17:36:02 »
This is totally and completely my cat in the morning when he wants food.

He's all lovey and kissy and licky and shit, and if I don't get up after a while he starts running over my body on the bed like a dick. He knows what he's doing. Not so graceful when he starts doing that shit. *STOMP STOMP STOMP*

Simon's Cat 'Cat Man Do'

FUUUUUUUUUNNNNNnnnnny

So True :)

Offline Tekerton

• Run Faster, Keep Flyin'
  • Full Colors: APR01-2003
« Reply #23 on: Nov03-2012, 17:59:25 »
As the Captain of The Cat Company, I can say with absolute certainty that cats have as much coinciding personality traits with their Human roommates as dogs do.  Having as many as I do, 16, I have a non-stop source of amazement and wonder at just how distinct each one of them has become with each of their own quirks and posturing.

I have a couple that are far more independent than the others. I have a few that are just as needy as any dog.   I have the alpha male and the alpha female.  I have all of the little privates and corporals and a sergeant or two.  We have mousers and we have dainty little princesses. 

I am often asked how I differentiate them all, other than by name.  Each one is a unique entity.  It feels odd to write that out because it is so obvious to me, but as I said lots of people don't really get that.  While none of their names are anything alike, I do get confuse on occasion and just say, "Hey....You...fuggin...cat".

Most of them have Black Company style names but as you will see some them have names that my woman bequeathed to them:

Kitty Mamma, Scout, Trip, Cotton, Flip, Spooky, Click, Snap, Ginger, Socks, Tiger, Gi-Gi, Scampi, Nano, Bui, and JJ

I never set out to get 1 million fucking cats. We were catching the females in order to get them spayed.  Naturally, we got them too late and ended up with several litters. The problem with cats is that you cannot give them away to save your life.  Generally speaking, people who adopt cats get them because friends of theirs have a litters and their friends plan to adopt one or two.  I am not the kind of person that can send them off to a shelter to be killed. There are no kill shelters like I have found myself in the position of not being able to get to them fast enough and then become attached. 

Luckily, we have an acre and a half of land and a fairly big house.  Only two of them stay inside full time. The rest of them are outside for the majority of the day with three of them living outside full time though have access to a porch for shelter and warm.

For any cat video you can show me I have a cat that does the exact same stuff.  In spite of that, there doesn't seem to be a cat video that I don't enjoy.  I never planned to be the crazy cat lady, but I reckon I donned that hat like a Cheshire.
« Last Edit: Nov03-2012, 18:04:34 by Tekerton »

Offline Xtra

• Verum Ipsum Factum
  • Division: Support
  • Full Colors: DEC13-2008
  • UTC Modifier: +10
« Reply #24 on: Nov04-2012, 00:29:51 »
Hey Tiger, the Cap named one of his cats after you :)

Offline Bastet

« Reply #25 on: Nov13-2012, 06:10:53 »
Time Lapse: Puppy to Adult in 40 seconds. Dunder photo a day. Year 1

Offline Laotzu

• Kill them All
  • Full Colors: DEC12-2008

Offline Bastet

« Reply #27 on: Nov24-2012, 14:34:34 »

Offline Waam

« Reply #28 on: Nov24-2012, 16:22:59 »
Just to make sure i am understood here, i will refrain from the standard net-jargon abbreviations for the duration of this post.

Oh my fucking god...I literally was rolling on the floor, laughing my ass off at that one... hell, just thinking about it while typing this is making me chuckle...

Offline Matty

• I am that Turnip
  • Company Name: Turnip
  • Division: Support
  • Full Colors: SEP11-2009
  • UTC Modifier: -7
« Reply #29 on: Nov24-2012, 19:14:18 »
Submarine cat!!, ima throw my cats in the tub and see how they handle basic training.