TBCTAD : Thu 0513 UTC Sep21-2017

Offline Epiphany

• Benoit
  • Division: Support
  • Full Colors: DEC13-2008
  • UTC Modifier: -7
It only took 3.5 years but...
« on: Feb29-2012, 18:50:27 »
... I've just finished Soldiers Live and therefore Glen Cook's annals of The Black Company. 

I'm going to miss these characters with which I feel I've experienced much.  I may very well read\listen to the series again but there's nothing like the first time.

Offline Matty

• I am that Turnip
  • Company Name: Turnip
  • Full Colors: SEP11-2009
Re: It only took 3.5 years but...
« Reply #1 on: Feb29-2012, 20:41:23 »
I believe that means you may update yer brick and you now get the key to the 3rd floor bathroom.

Offline Tekerton

• Run Faster, Keep Flyin'
  • Division: Infantry
  • Full Colors: APR01-2003
  • UTC Modifier: -5
« Reply #2 on: Feb29-2012, 21:19:01 »
7x and I'm still hungry for more.    Well, to be fair...Books of the North and South 7x, the GP and on 4x.   Still hungry for more.

Congratulations.  You've earned your HB.   Still remember how to pin it on?

Offline Stone

• AARRGG!!! Right in the shiny part!
  • Company Name: Stone
  • Division: Civilian
  • Full Colors: JAN25-2005
  • UTC Modifier: -6
« Reply #3 on: Mar01-2012, 03:13:16 »
 :stamp_accepted:

Well Done Eppy!

I've only read the 10 books 3 times so far... plus I have audible books that the kid and I listen to... (we are up to Silver Spike)

Offline Laotzu

• Kill them All
  • Division: Infantry
  • Full Colors: DEC12-2008
  • UTC Modifier: -5
« Reply #4 on: Mar01-2012, 03:18:28 »
Hrmm I should get the audio book versions.. give me something to listen to while delivering pizza. Music gets old way fast believe it or not.. well that and I have a very limited cd collection and most of those are scratched and my disc player is screwing up so I just leave the damn thing off... I want a new CD player so I can use my phone/pandora/ipods ect.. I'm just behind the times.

Offline Stone

• AARRGG!!! Right in the shiny part!
  • Company Name: Stone
  • Division: Civilian
  • Full Colors: JAN25-2005
  • UTC Modifier: -6
« Reply #5 on: Mar01-2012, 03:31:53 »
Hrmm I should get the audio book versions.. give me something to listen to while delivering pizza. Music gets old way fast believe it or not.. well that and I have a very limited cd collection and most of those are scratched and my disc player is screwing up so I just leave the damn thing off... I want a new CD player so I can use my phone/pandora/ipods ect.. I'm just behind the times.

They aint cheap (from Audible.com) ... and I don't know of any other way to get em... I'm just fortunate enough that my buddy hates to read books and bought the series for his long business trips... and we both have the same Zune player so that the program lets him download to mine too.

I know someone was trying to convert em to straight DRM free MP3s but I don't think that attempt bore any fruit....

... yet

Offline Epiphany

• Benoit
  • Full Colors: DEC13-2008
« Reply #6 on: Mar01-2012, 04:07:07 »
They all go for about $18 per on Audible.  I did read the Books of the North and the first in the Books of the South series.  I listened to the 5 remaining.  On the overall the narration was good although the woman who narrated Dreams of Steel did do a particularly bad Croaker.

As far as pinning on the HB I remember the basics but will get with Bastet during our next Civtacular.
« Last Edit: Mar01-2012, 09:14:05 by Mocker »