The Black Company - Book Eleven - Port of Shadows
« on: Oct11-2009, 06:27:35 »
To Be Announced
« Last Edit: Oct11-2009, 06:30:10 by Mocker »

Offline Hanibal

• Water sleeps.
Re: The Black Company - Book Eleven - Port of Shadows
« Reply #1 on: Oct11-2009, 07:07:12 »
Goddamnit. I hate you. Got me all excited.

:bsn:

Valandur

« Reply #2 on: Oct11-2009, 13:53:22 »
Goddamnit. I hate you. Got me all excited.

:bsn:

Lol, I thought the same Commander.  I have no clue if this is true or not but did see a web site that mentioned two more Black Company books forthcoming. But have not heard any official word.

If anyone is looking for a decent set of books to read though, and have not heard of Stephen Brust, I urge you to check them out. He comes close to Glen Cook's style of writing.

Offline Laotzu

• Kill them All
  • Division: Infantry
  • Full Colors: DEC12-2008
  • UTC Modifier: -5
« Reply #3 on: Oct11-2009, 21:25:20 »
It's been confirmed on interviews with Glen Cook and the titles of the next two have been released. The release dates have not been announced. But damn I can't wait.

Offline Matty

• I am that Turnip
  • Company Name: Turnip
  • Division: Support
  • Full Colors: SEP11-2009
  • UTC Modifier: -7
« Reply #4 on: Oct11-2009, 21:40:11 »
It's been confirmed on interviews with Glen Cook and the titles of the next two have been released. The release dates have not been announced. But damn I can't wait.
leaves time to re read the whole set and get it fresh...again:)

Darix

« Reply #5 on: Feb15-2010, 00:26:33 »
The site - Fantastic Fiction - lists all the author's books, in order and with dates - it also tells you when a new hardback and paperback will be issued - the next new book for Glen Cook is July 2010 - a book in his 'Dread Empire' series
« Last Edit: Mar30-2010, 20:41:00 by Darix »

stocky170

« Reply #6 on: Mar19-2010, 08:17:38 »
and to think i thought i was almost done with the series..... AWSOME i need to read more

Offline Tekerton

• Run Faster, Keep Flyin'
  • Full Colors: APR01-2003
« Reply #7 on: Mar19-2010, 08:28:24 »
Aye, I'm chompin at the bit.  July can't come fast enough.       

I truly believe that these next two books will be the finest yet.   

SPOILER:

with Lady getting her Powers back, and Croaker basically a deity...what excites me most is the bad asses who will be their opposition!  Epic doesn't even begin to describe it.

Perhaps they will indeed find Khatovar...the one that lives in that place beyond the "real world".   For all of our sake...I hope not.   The very existence of our gaming organization is contingent upon the Company having moved on and on and on and on...

If Cook disbands the Company at the end of the last forthcoming book, we may have to consider a theme change.    I know that sounds like blasphemy, but considering how closely we stick to canon around here, it would seem blasphemous to continue on without that continuity, no?

stocky170

« Reply #8 on: Mar19-2010, 08:45:41 »
i should have read the spoiler before reading on LOL but it wont stop me from finishing the book lol

Offline Laotzu

• Kill them All
« Reply #9 on: Mar30-2010, 19:18:48 »
Khatovar is a dead world as reported by Murgen while in ghost form. He didn't actually enter the gate, but said it was desolate on the other side. 

Offline Tekerton

• Run Faster, Keep Flyin'
  • Full Colors: APR01-2003
« Reply #10 on: Mar30-2010, 19:26:59 »
Khatovar is a dead world as reported by Murgen while in ghost form. He didn't actually enter the gate, but said it was desolate on the other side.  

If you were referring to my post about "finding Khatovar", I think perhaps you misunderstood my context.   I used Khatovar as a metaphor for retirement.   It's pure speculation of course, as we have no idea if Cook intends to write only two more books about TBC ever, or if he just has a deal for two more books at this time.  

Offline Laotzu

• Kill them All
« Reply #11 on: Mar31-2010, 00:35:20 »
Yeah indeed. Then again they could also make up some explanation for them really making it to khatovar if Cook really wanted them to go. Possibilities are only limited by Cook's imagination.

Offline Stone

• AARRGG!!! Right in the shiny part!
  • Company Name: Stone
  • Division: Civilian
  • Full Colors: JAN25-2005
  • UTC Modifier: -6
« Reply #12 on: Mar31-2010, 15:26:17 »
Khatovar has much to be discovered yet... as Tobo's Unknown Shadows only explored some of the world, not quite getting as far North as where Taglios would be.  What lies further North?  in the Beryl area, across the Sea of Torment to vast lands of the North that the Company trekked to and fro on? 

Also, the Voroshk who came to power due to Bowalk's thrashing of the gate allowing an invasion of shadows, only recently stamped out the remaining Kina worshipers which had born the Free Companies...  but some still remain in hiding.

A lot of room to write...

Offline Laotzu

• Kill them All
« Reply #13 on: Mar31-2010, 15:56:41 »
I think we will see Tobo as the next great evil. He started down the path already during the attacks on Taglios... and absolute power corrupts absolutely right?

Offline Matty

• I am that Turnip
  • Company Name: Turnip
  • Division: Support
  • Full Colors: SEP11-2009
  • UTC Modifier: -7
« Reply #14 on: Mar31-2010, 23:44:53 »
 Cook will kill off Tobo in the first 3 sentences. the "Adopted daughters will go either way with one following Lady down the path of evil with her new found powers. Croaker can't shut off the wellspring of it without getting dead himself and skinny comes back to life and gets fat. The Canadians will win both gold hockey medals again in Russia 2014.

/whatnot