Oct22-2017, 08:11:00
TBCTAD : Sun 0811 UTC Oct22-2017

Offline Stone

• AARRGG!!! Right in the shiny part!
  • Company Name: Stone
  • Division: Civilian
  • Full Colors: JAN25-2005
  • UTC Modifier: -6
Publisher: Tor Fantasy (September 15, 1989)

From the Back Cover:

...embedded in the trunk of the scion of the godtree, it contains the essence of the maddest of the Ten Who Were Taken...The Dominator. Defeated by the Lady and cast from this world, all that was left of him was a foul trace of lingering evil. But the graveyard that was once the Barrowland contains more secrets than dead. All who would possess the power of the Dominator are drawn to the spike. A foolhardy band of thieves is the first to reach it, and a rapacious and malign spirit is unleashed on an unwary world. The forces gather, sides are drawn, and mortal men can only die as the Dark Lords battle for domination.

Find it on Amazon
« Last Edit: Oct11-2009, 02:00:28 by Mocker »

stocky170

so why is this book 3.5'4.5 i know it doesnt really have anythig to do with them going south but it still tells a story about the company from a different view which both shadow games and dreams of steel do. o it should be book 5 or 6 IMO

Offline Stone

• AARRGG!!! Right in the shiny part!
  • Company Name: Stone
  • Division: Civilian
  • Full Colors: JAN25-2005
  • UTC Modifier: -6
due to the time line .. it ties in directly with Craokers travels south in book 4 ... thus it can be read before or after book 4 ... but it would make less sense to read it after they moved south from Taglios.

stocky170

very true, though that book did show raven in a different light. dont remember did slient die in that book, i dont think he did but i forgot, and yes i know im going to have to reread them..... once i get them back from my friend

Offline Tekerton

• Run Faster, Keep Flyin'
  • Division: Infantry
  • Full Colors: APR01-2003
  • UTC Modifier: -5
no Silent in TSS

Gryff

Silent is in TSS. Him Raven and Rhododendron are competing for Darling's affection.

*************SPOILER************

Nevermind Cap, I think you meant no, Silent dies in TSS. My bad.

Offline Laotzu

• Kill them All
  • Full Colors: DEC12-2008
Yeah, I definitely need to start the journey again.. I don't recall Silent dying.. maybe it's because I liked his character so much I would rather remember his exit as him just disembarking from the company to protect Darling.

Offline Algheri

• Only a conqueror bothers to honor a fallen foe
  • Company Name: Patches
  • Full Colors: DEC16-2010
Which is better? Read it before book four or after? Tempted to read it before...

Offline Tekerton

• Run Faster, Keep Flyin'
  • Full Colors: APR01-2003
Which is better? Read it before book four or after? Tempted to read it before...

this has been asked and discussed a million times.   TSS should be read as Book Four, period.   Reading it any other way makes zero sense.