Jul25-2017, 12:40:29
TBCTAD : Tue 1240 UTC Jul25-2017

Offline Stone

• AARRGG!!! Right in the shiny part!
  • Company Name: Stone
  • Division: Civilian
  • Full Colors: JAN25-2005
  • UTC Modifier: -6
Publisher: Tor Fantasy; 1st edition (March 15, 2000)

From the Back Cover:
Regrouping in Taglios, the surviving members of the Black Company are determined to free their fellow warriors held in stasis beneath the glittering plain. Journey there under terrible conditions, they arrive just in time for a magical conflagration in which the bones of the world will be revealed, the history of the Company unveiled, and new world gained and lost...all at a terrible price.

Find it on Amazon
« Last Edit: Oct11-2009, 02:01:15 by Mocker »

Offline Seniram

• Fortune favors the brave.
rather enjoy reading this one.  I am completely hoping (somewhat), that they can't free the captured.  I don't like it when you can put your characters on ice. 

Faez

Oh hell ya, "Water Sleeps" is a good one. Though, I am still rather fond of the book that took place during the siege of Dejagore, hard to beat 3 or 4 factions fighting each other in a besieged city while also fighting the attackers and the much needed grain stores are being raided by One-Eye and Goblin to keep making beer :P

But yeah, know what you mean, when I read that I really effin' wanted Croaker back, he may not be the annalist anymore but still a fav character. I won't blow it for you and tell you if they get the captured back or not, but there's plenty more Company "kick-ass" where they use everything and don't fight fair but fight to win yet to happen in that book and in the next :)
« Last Edit: Feb01-2010, 22:58:32 by Fez »

Offline Seniram

• Fortune favors the brave.
awesome book, very pleased with the ending.  picking up Soldiers Live this week.

Offline Sarkhan

• Our presence remakes the past
  • Company Name: Six
  • Division: Infantry
  • UTC Modifier: -6
Do I hear a Historian's Badge, whispering in the breeze?

:soldierslive:

Offline Algheri

• Only a conqueror bothers to honor a fallen foe
  • Company Name: Patches
  • Full Colors: DEC16-2010
  • UTC Modifier: -5
Working my way through this one. So far, it started off VERY slow in my opinion. I just reached the part where Doj tells Sleepy about the Nyeung Bao. I am now hooked.  :backtowork:

Offline Algheri

20 pages left. I'm pretty pissed. Anyone who's read the books, should know why.

Offline Tekerton

• Run Faster, Keep Flyin'
  • Full Colors: APR01-2003
20 pages left. I'm pretty pissed. Anyone who's read the books, should know why.

nah, never pissed.  I have a feeling I know what you are talking about.  If it is that...

(click to show/hide)

Offline Algheri

Aye. 'Twas that. And you know, it didn't really come out of left field. I was kinda' expecting it. I just find it weird that when I finish a book like this and look up, I see people just living their daily lives...as though I didn't just experience emotional trauma at the hands of a paperback. Ha!

But hot damn. The man needs to finish the next two books!