Jun29-2017, 12:27:56
TBCTAD : Thu 1227 UTC Jun29-2017

Mishka

Re: Motivational Quotes
« Reply #60 on: May15-2008, 01:46:45 »
"Aye, fight and you may die, run, and you'll live... ..at least a while.

And dying in your beds, many years from now, would you be willin' to trade ALL the days, from this day to that, for one chance, just one chance, to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take away our lives, but they'll never take... OUR FREEDOM!"   

-Braveheart

Offline Edena

• Division: Infantry
« Reply #61 on: May15-2008, 04:33:23 »
"Men of sense often learn from their enemies. It is from their foes, not their friends, that cities learn the lesson of building high walls and ships of war . . ."

-Aristophanes

Offline Tekerton

• Run Faster, Keep Flyin'
  • Full Colors: APR01-2003
  • UTC Modifier: -5
« Reply #62 on: May16-2008, 17:37:33 »
overheard on IRC:

TBC_Bastet-> Cpn, are you receiving my PMS?

Offline Bastet

• Only the dead have seen the end of war. ~Plato
  • Full Colors: MAY20-2008
  • UTC Modifier: -4
« Reply #63 on: May17-2008, 00:21:19 »
Bastard... I'll get you for that...

Offline Sarkhan

• Our presence remakes the past
  • Company Name: Six
  • UTC Modifier: -6
« Reply #64 on: May17-2008, 01:11:07 »
IRC:

Abremylin: hopefully yo shizzle is securizzle

Offline Bastet

« Reply #65 on: May17-2008, 05:08:03 »
Famous Last Words:

TBC_Mocker-> pffft

Offline Bastet

« Reply #66 on: May17-2008, 05:31:34 »
Sexy Last Words:

-> TBC_edensdreamer fondles dessicated demon bit [penis] necklace
TBC_edensdreamer-> I threaten my incubus with it

Offline Sarkhan

• Our presence remakes the past
  • Company Name: Six
« Reply #67 on: May20-2008, 04:00:03 »
IRC:

Kaburan: Patch it or Snatch it

Eliasar

« Reply #68 on: May20-2008, 15:51:25 »
"I will always place the mission first
I will never accept defeat
I will never quit
I will never leave a fallen comrade"
 - Army Warrior Ethos

"You only fail if you fail to try" - Paul Bear Bryant

"Listen...like I told your captain, that orphanage attacked me!  It was self-defense!" - Richard, LFG Comic...not really motivational...but I love it!

Referring to gnomes: "By the gods!  They look like children!" - elf guy (can't remember name) "I know, It's hard to kill just one." - Richard from LFG Comic
« Last Edit: May20-2008, 15:55:36 by Eliasar »

Thanatos

« Reply #69 on: May26-2008, 08:06:51 »
  "People sleep peacably in thier beds at night, becuase rough men stand ready to do voilence on thier behalf"

-I forget who

Thanatos
Necromancer :: Crafting Unknown

"It is a good day to die."
-Unknown

Siam

« Reply #70 on: Aug03-2008, 15:43:23 »
10 Principles of Leadership

1. Know your job – Know what you are talking about, learn and understand the principles and problems entailed in the work of your soldiers so that you can be sure that they are doing their job properly.

2. Know your own strengths and limitations and pursue self improvement – You can seek self improvement by discussion with experienced personnel, by reading regulations, and by being enthusiastic and striving to do the best you can.

3. Seek and accept responsibility – One of the most important characteristics of a good leader is the ability to accept challenges with confidence and enthusiasm. To do this, a soldier who aspires to leadership must develop a sound mental attitude. This attitude should be characterized by a lively interest, an avid curiousity and a determination to strive for higher personal achievement. Some ways in which you can go about developing responsibilities among your troops are:

- Encourage them to attain qualifications for promotion.
- Give senior people responsibilities and authority to carry them out.
- Develop pride in the unit and the soldiers

4. Set an example – As learned earlier.

5. Make sure your soldiers know your meaning and intent, and then lead them to the accomplishment of the task – Communicate ideas and thoughts clearly.

6. Know your soldiers and promote their welfare – Get to know what your soldiers’ capabilities are, their weaknesses and their strengths. The NCO must get to know a little bit of personal information about each cadet of whom they are in charge. The following list is minimum of the information that should be obtained:

- Full name and pronunciation
- What part of town the soldier lives in
- Anyone who is friends with the soldier
- Any hobbies the soldier might have
Looking after the welfare of the soldiers in your charge is an important duty. The troops’ needs must be considered first in all decisions. Ensuring they line up at the mess hall ahead of your or ensuring that their requests to speak to their Platoon Commander or Commanding Officer are looked after immediately. Remember to be a friend but never a pal

7. Develop the leadership potential of your soldiers– In making the effort to pass on the lessons that you have learned in leadership, the effectiveness of your unit will increase. This will make your job all the easier in the end.

8. Make sound and timely decisions – How do you go about making a difficult decision that affects the welfare of the soldiers of your section, or platoon? This can be accomplished by discussing matters with experienced personnel and using problem solving skills to make a decision and sticking to it. Avoid a hasty ill-conceived decision and do not put off necessary decisions.

9. Train your soldiers to work together as a team and employ them to their full potential – By multiplying your own efforts through the building of a team or staff will lead to success. In this way, the leader can accomplish more in a shorter period. A good team spirit also helps to make the work more interesting for everyone. Leaders must ensure that the supervisor distributes the workload to the division equitably and in a way that best uses the capabilities of the team. Ensure soldiers receive the encouragement and necessary guidance. The efficient use of your team depends upon the leader knowing the troops and planning. Ensure a person is doing a task within his or her capabilities by making sure they are qualified for the task, and if necessary, by training them for the job.

10. Keep your soldiers informed – The leader can contribute to improving the morale of the unit by ensuring that the troops are well informed of what is going on. Explain reasons for changes (when known) and hold talks to relieve the tension. Never lie to your soldiers.

- There is a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path.

This is how leadership is seen in the Can Army..  hope you like this.. :soldierslive:

Dlyn

« Reply #71 on: Sep10-2008, 23:51:22 »
Girls are the devil

water boy

Offline Kitsu

• Division: Civilian
« Reply #72 on: Sep10-2008, 23:59:32 »
'Believe or die!' Thank you Lord, for all those options!

Bill Hicks

Resakan

« Reply #73 on: Oct21-2008, 21:54:57 »
I dont know the original source of this quote but i know where i heard it

Sic vis pacem parabellum - If you want peace, prepare for war.

Frank Castle. The Punisher.

Offline Stone

• AARRGG!!! Right in the shiny part!
  • Company Name: Stone
  • Division: Civilian
  • Full Colors: JAN25-2005
« Reply #74 on: Oct21-2008, 23:22:00 »
"Cake or Death?"

- Church of England (according to Eddie Izzard)